- WHO CAN PROCURE IRS DATA
RS data are made available to all users for various developmental and application requirements as per Remote Sensing Data Policy (RSDP 2011) (http://www.nrsc.gov.in/). The following are the guidelines for data dissemination.
- All data of resolutions up to 1 m shall be distributed on a non-discriminatory basis and on “as requested basis”.
- With a view to protect national security interests, all data of better than 1 m resolution shall be screened and cleared by the appropriate agency prior to distribution; and the following procedure shall be followed:
- Government users namely, Ministries/ Departments/ Public Sector/Autonomous Bodies/ Government R&D institutions/ Government Educational/ Academic Institutions, can obtain the data without any further clearance.
- Private sector agencies, recommended at least by one Government agency, for supporting development activities, can obtain the data without any further clearance. Duly filled custody certificate available with NRSC Data Centre has to be provided for this purpose.
- Private, foreign and other users, including web based service providers whose orders are not supported with Government endorsement can obtain the data after further clearance from an interagency High Resolution Image Clearance Committee (HRC), already in place.
- Specific requests for data covering sensitive areas, by any user, can be procured after obtaining clearance from the HRC.
- HOW TO SPECIFY THE AREA OF INTEREST (AOI) FOR THE ORDER
Each order is placed by defining the AOI as follows:
- Upper left and lower right corner coordinates (Degree Decimal or Degree Minutes and Seconds) if the AOI is rectangular.
- A centerpoint (Degree Decimal or Degree Minutes and Seconds) and a specified radius to define the aoi.
- ESRI Shapefile format (Geographic/UTM projection coordinates on the WGS84 ellipsoid) – The shapefile to contain the .shp, .shx, .prj and .dbf files must be supplied. A shapefile must contain only one polygon and the distance between the vertices of the shape file must be a minimum of 5 km.
- DATE ORDERING
- Users can browse the satellite data in the website www.nrsc.gov.in and place orders online. For online data ordering, users to ensure that their corresponding NDC account has sufficient funds before placing the order. It is mandatory to accept the terms and conditions for each order placed online.
- The order for satellite products can also beplaced in prescribed order form duly filled and signed along with their acceptance of the terms and conditions for data supply. NRSC will process the user data requirements only after receiving 100 % advance payment. The products will be disseminated subject to the availability and feasibility of product generation. The products are supplied based on our terms and conditions of supply. Order once processed and confirmed cannot be amended or cancelled unless technical problems are encountered during data generation. NDC reserves the right to refuse/cancel any order in full or part.
- The data delivery can be through Electronic mode via File Transfer Protocol(SFTP) or through media dispatch via Speedpost/ Courier service.
- PRODUCT TYPE
For detailed price list, please visit our Website www.nrsc.gov.in. Price list indicates the product number, product type, accuracy, price etc. Please indicate the Satellite and product number details in the order form. Please ensure that the correct product type is chosen. For further details, please contact NDC.
The price applicable to each order is the price in effect on the date of confirmation of the order with NDC. NDC publishes a price list of data products at periodic intervals.
NRSC - NDC can arrange to provide a Proforma invoice for transfer of funds if required. Payment can be made either through electronic transfer (prescribe format may be used) or by demand draft in favor Pay and Accounts Officer, NRSC, payable at Hyderabad. It is mandatory to specify the NDC account number for existing user accounts for all correspondences including transfer of funds.
NRSC grants only single user license for the use of IRS images. All products are sold for the sole use of purchasers and shall not be loaned, copied or exported without express permission of and only in accordance with the terms and conditions if any, agreed with the NRSC Data Center, National Remote Sensing Centre, ISRO, Dept. of Space, Govt. of India. All data will be provided with encryptions/mechanisms, which may corrupt the data while copying unauthorized or while attempting the same. Every such attempt shall attract criminal and civil liability from the user without prejudice to the corruption of data or software/hardware, for which NRSC will not be liable.
NRSC grants the user a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license with the following terms and conditions.
- User can install the product in his premises (including on an internal computer network) with the express exclusion of the Internet
- User can make copies of the product (for installation and back-up purposes)
- User can use the product for his own internal needs
- User can use the product to produce Value Added Products and/or derivative works
- User can use any Value Added Product for his own internal needs
- User can make the product and/or any Value Added Product temporarily available to contractors and consultants, only for use on behalf of the user
- User can print and distribute or post on an Internet site, but with no possibility of downloading, an extract of a product or Value Added Product (maximum size 1024 x 1024 pixels) for promotional purposes (not including on-line mapping or geo-location services for on-line promotion), in each case with an appropriate credit conspicuously displayed.
- Any high resolution data (better than 1m) of Indian region, hosted by any web service agency should necessarily be routed through NRSC to ensure adherence to RSDP 2011 policy guidelines.
- LIMITED WARRANTY & LIABILITY
NRSC warrants (a) that it has sufficient distribution to make the Product available to the user under the terms hereof, free from the adverse claims of third parties; and (b) that the Product will, for thirty (30) days from the date of receipt, substantially conform to NRSC's specifications when used on appropriate computer hardware and DOS certified Software packages. The high resolution data products are complex in nature and may contain a few artifacts, which may not affect the usability of the data products, supplied. The recommended usage for Cartosat-2 data is up to 1: 6000 scales. There are no expressed or implied warranties of fitness or merchantability given in connection with the sale or use of this product. NRSC disclaims all other warranties not expressly given herein.
For a period of thirty (30) days, NRSC warrants that the products delivered by NRSC will be limited to the area of interest ordered and the original media NRSC supplied the data product will be free from physical or material defects. No complaint related to the quality and/or quantity of the products will be entertained unless the complaint is lodged at NDC within 30 days from the date of receipt of data. On acceptance of the complaint, products are to be returned in the original media supplied by NDC. NRSC's sole obligation and user's sole remedy under this Limited Warranty is that NRSC either, in its discretion, shall use reasonable efforts to repair or replace the Product or to provide a procedure within a commercially reasonable time so that the Product substantially conforms to the specifications. This Limited Warranty is void if any non-conformity has resulted from accident, abuse, misuse, misapplication, or modification by someone other than NRSC. The Limited Warranty is for user's benefit only, and is non-transferable. NRSC is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages associated with users’ possession and/or use of the Product.